If you’re a fan of the Pocket ‘Read It’ Later service, you may want to consider getting your WordPress site hooked up to it. Pocket is a free service that lets you access your personal reading list at a more convenient time on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire or in your browser.
Pocket Read It Later Links is a new plugin that automatically adds a “Read It Later” button to your WordPress posts. Here’s how the buttons look when added to your posts:
This is especially useful for sites with lengthy blog posts. You can even add your own custom CSS to change the placement of the button. Download the Pocket Read It Later Links plugin for free from the WordPress repository.
- Daily Tip: Repair Broken Links to Maintain Search Engine Ranking If you’re producing a lot of content, chances are that…
- How To Read People’s Minds And Produce Killer Blog Posts Every Time Learn how you can understand what your readers want, so…
- Daily Tip: How to Add All Navigation Links to the BuddyPress Admin Bar A new plugin popped onto the scene today for BuddyPress…
If your email box is full of comment notifications from WordPress, you may need a new system for managing discussion on your site(s). The team at Notificare is rethinking how we interact with these notifications.
It takes time to log into your WordPress dashboard to approve or delete comments. Notificare is a plugin that works with an app on your phone to notify you of new comments on your sites. You can approve comments or mark as spam with a simple push of a button from your phone – no need to log in!
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by a constantly full inbox, Notificare will help you to get that under control. It makes it fast and convenient for managing WordPress comments from your mobile device. Notificare also incorporates a few other services, such as beanstalk, SendGrid, Twitter and github. In the coming days they will be adding the ability for you to create your own services.
I’m hoping they will also make an Android app as well, but for right now it’s only available for iPhone and iPad users. Notificare is currently in private beta. Watch for it in the iPhone app store and make sure to request an invitation to Notificare on the service’s website.
- Daily Tip: How to Mass Delete Comments in WordPress If you’ve let spam comments build up on your WordPress…
- Daily Tip: WordPress Plugin to Delete ALL Spam Comments in One Click POOF! Like magic, all your spam comments are gone….
- Get More Comments on Your WordPress Site with Comments Plus Make it irresistibly easy for visitors to comment on your…
If you’re a fan of the Gravity Forms plugin, you will want to check out this new free extension that lets you add a WYSIWYG Editor to your forms. A few months ago I posted 11 Free Add-ons for the Gravity Forms Plugin, and the new Gravity Forms WYSIWYG plugin is another very useful extension.
It does two simple things:
- Adds a new WYSIWYG field under standard fields
- Adds a “Enable WYSIWYG” checkbox for post body field
Once the plugin is enabled you’ll see the new WYSIWYG field type available:
Here’s what you’ll see on the frontend when you add it:
The Gravity Forms WYSIWYG plugin is a simple way to make your forms a little more friendly and give your customers a tool to communicate with you more effectively. Download it for free from the WordPress plugin repository.