Blogging on the go is the way of the future. People are updating, liking, tweeting, editing, checking in and publishing from virtually anywhere they are connected.
If your mobile phone uses the Android OS, then you can install a variety of apps to help you stay on top of things and continually update your blog.
First things first
You need to download the official WordPress Android App to get yourself connected with your blog via your phone or tablet.
Great, now let’s get started!
Here’s a few apps that will help you stay connected with the world around you, and with content you can use for reference to write about.
1. Flipboard: By bringing together the world’s stories and life’s great moments, you can stay up to date with the things that matter most. Flip through the news from your Twitter timeline as well as from outlets like the BBC, USA Today and The Verge.
Flipboard, Your Social News Magazine
2. Spool: Become part of a global community of people discovering and sharing interesting content. Start by saving content to your Spool account on your Android device. You can also browse other Spool users’ content and discover new content to read, watch, or share with your followers.
3. Google Currents: Google Currents delivers beautiful magazine-like editions to your tablet and smartphone for high speed and offline reading. Each edition is available for high speed offline reading, and provides quick-touch sharing.
4. TED: A bit more on the intellectual side, but some of the talks can really apply to anything. Great app for getting a high level thought process and radical ideas. Content is video based, so be careful about with your data plan.
5. Google Reader: You’ve used it on our desktop, now use it on your mobile phone! One of the best ways still to aggregate your content and stay up to date on your areas of interest.
You need to be connected on the go, not just to your network, but to your friends, followers and fans. No matter your social network of choice there’s an app for that!
1. Facebook: Stay up to date with what your friends and subscriptions are sharing and liking. Getting ideas for content could not be easier!
2. Twitter: See what’s trending and jump into the conversation by adding your own blog, of course you can tweet your post later…all from your phone!
3. HootSuite: Update Twitter, check in on foursquare, view your LinkedIn connections, and comment on your friends’ Facebook posts wherever you are. Upload photos, receive notifications, view click stats, and more. Simple, elegant, and powerful, HootSuite allows you to send and schedule Twitter updates from anywhere.
1. Dropbox: Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Android device, and even the Dropbox website!
Bring your files anywhere
2. Box.net: Box for Android and Android Tablet lets you view and share files from anywhere! Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, you name it – with Box, you collaborate and share critical content anywhere, anytime, on any device
3. File Manager: I use this myself, it helps you manage all your files and is easy to use. A must have if you want to organize content and data on your mobile device.
1. Instagram: Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see – and follow your friends’ photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you’ll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.
A beautiful way to share your world
2. Pixlr-o-matic: You can add fun retro effects to your photos in a snap and transform your photos into cool looking vintage images. Editing is as easy as one, two, three with Pixlr-o-matic to add effects, overlays and borders.
3. Adobe Photoshop Express: Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Touch to crop, rotate, adjust color, and add artistic effects. Access all your photos and videos directly from your free Photoshop.com account.
4. PicsArt: This app combines the best features of many photo applications, it is one of best and most complete photo editors available for free in the market for Android devices. From photo manipulations, effects, text styling and more functions it really packs a punch.
1. YouTube: It’s on by default with Android. Easily set up your account and upload videos straight away.
2. Qik Video: Download the app today and start streaming live videos with friends and family around the world. Record and instantly share videos online straight to your favorite social network from your mobile phone.
Share life as it happens
3. Twitvid: Twitvid lets you post videos or photos on Twitter or Facebook from your Android device.
So there you have it, a small set of apps that will help you stay up to date, connected, able to manage your content, your images and your videos all from one mobile device/tablet!
Got any suggestions of your own? Let me know what apps you use to blog while out and about, or while laying down on your couch.
- Create and Publish Apps to the Android Market with WordPress – No Coding Required! Do you want to create your own Android App but…
- Daily Tip: Get News on WordPress for Blackberry and WordPress for Android on Twitter WordPress applications for both Blackberry and Android are now posting…
- Grab Yourself a Copy of WordPress for Android 1.4 Android users will be please to learn that the latest…